Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ahh ... Montana Politics

I'm still a little muddled down in the fall out, but I just figured we had a little gathering here at MSU on Saturday night. Obscured somewhere behind the monster truck rally at the Brickbreden, we had our local chapter of the Republican party bring in David Horowtiz to give a little lecture to rich white folk out here. My jaw dropped suddenly when I showed up to work the next day to find his hate literature on my work desk. It's great to see that he deflect his ignorance temporarily away from America's educated and educators and onto the totality of Arab-American students. I wasn't aware (but thanks to the pamphlets I've now become acquainted with the fact) that some of the best brightest at MSU are secretly planning a Jihad. He stopped short of claiming they had sneaked the WMDs out of Iraq before coming to Bozeman, MT.
The really scarely thing wasn't just the propaganda left at the desk. Rather it was the non-chalantness that the all of the local media outlets have portrayed his visit as. Some might even say that were quite pleased with themselves in landing such a "fantastic" speaker. Our local State Representative (Mr. Rehberg) was even kind enough to attend the event. Yep, all of this dim shadow of ignorance stamping out any sort of light on the hill beacon that our school is suppose to play to the community. Nothing like selling fear, intolerance, and misunderstanding on a major public University grounds. Is this the great promise America is holding up for the world to see? I've contacted those that I should have. We'll see if anything
comes of it.

1 comment:

Hillcountry Monk Adept said...

As a follow up to this particular posting: Nothing came of it. Those in control of MSU ignored the complaint and follow-ups I issued. Not surprising for cracker-white Montana.