Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ramblings on New Year's Eve 2008


Winter has been a snowy one thus far in the great mountain of Bozeman. It somehow seems very appropriate from my final winter beneath the Bridgers and Hyalites and will undoubtedly help to cast a fuzzy warm glow on my memories of this place. The break has thus far been a fairly mundane affair. I can say that I'm quite pleased to be done with the vast majority of my graduate school applications. This basically means I now have the opportunity to work more on my novel project. I'm only about 12,000 words into writing it. But at least I can say the tentatively titled work, "The Gates of Limestone" has been a fun way to incorporate my ideas of jazz, the American Dream, and movement into one work. In the end I think it may be a good way to incorporate all the things I've learned out here with all the experiences I have had since moving to the US. I still have two other ideas for novels on the backburner: 1) about the life of Andre Lapine (Canadian Painter) and 2)Sci-Fi novel based upon Beowulf and the works of HST. However, admist the boomsticks and fireworks of Gallatin Valley I believe it is time to retire to my chamber for some well needed rest. To all of you, good luck in this newest of years, 2008.

No comments: