Tuesday, September 1, 2009

End of Summer Updates

A couple of quick notes for updating purposes. I just returned in the last week from a triumphant camping trip and year after the fact honeymoon in around central Ontario and the Capital Region. The part of Canada is a gorgeous as always. I've plowed through the drafts of a couple of new pieces; one set in Hamtramck and the other in Livingston, MT. I've recently found myself more interested in the writings of Jim Harrison and am just starting into a collection of three of his novellaes. If you're not familiar with his work you should check out Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Episode about Montana. He plays a pretty major part in it. The episode, I feel as does the mrs., manages to capture Montana fairly well.

With the summer almost over, it might be nice to end with a little bluegrass jam. Here's a solid one I found on you tube.

No comments: